Fine Hemp Straw for Lime Plaster
Hemp straw chopped and cleaned used for making hemp plaster
Can be mixed with hydraulic lime NHL 2 or fat lime putty and sand to make hemp lime plaster which has very good insulating properties. This is the shiv (fine) variation.
A whole range of sustainable building products are currently being made from all parts of the hemp plant for use in restoration and new build projects.
- Hemp construction uses renewable crop-based materials which absorb carbon dioxide (CO2) as they grow.
- Hempcrete walls provide all the insulation the building needs.
- Floor and roof insulation can also be achieved with the hemp lime biocomposite.
- Hempcrete provides carbon neutral, low energy, highly insulated structures and is suitable for both new build or refurbishment.
- Hempcrete is simply hemp shiv combined with natural lime and water as binding agents.
- Hempcrete buildings are also flexible and crack resistant, visually attractive.
- Hemp construction uses renewable crop-based materials which have absorbed carbon dioxide.
- It is claimed that hemp and lime can lock up approximately 110 kg of CO2 per m3 of wall.
One bale of hemp requires 30kg of lime, or 2 bales to 3 bags of lime.
One cube needs 5 bales
PLEASE NOT THIS PRODUCT MUST BE ORDERED ON A SEPARATE ORDER AS IS STORED IN A SEPARATE WAREHOUSE
View our downloadable information sheet